Thursday 16 July 2015

An introduction.

Hello,

Alright so looks like I’m actually doing this.

I’m Christine (Marie-Christine, Chrissy, Chris, whatever) and I’m 17.a coffee, photography, film, and adventure enthusiast.


Here’s a list of random facts about me, or just things I enjoy in general.


1. Oh Canada.
Born & raised in Ontario. I find this place pretty dull to be quite honest. Although, at some occasions I get to experience views like this, so I guess it’s not all bad.
IMG963.jpg


2. Music
Music has been an essential in my life. It’s just always been there, and is something so familiar and comfortable to me. With that said, my music taste is all over the place. Some days I enjoy: The Smiths, The Kooks, Young the Giant, The Arctic Monkeys, Alt-J etc etc etc. Other days, I’m more into stuff like: Kanye, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean, J Cole. Followed by some nights where I'm sobbing over songs by:  Tom Rosenthal, Coldplay, John Mayer, Ben Howard, Ed Sheeran, Milky Chance, Lily Allen, Lana del rey and so on, so forth. The genres go on and on, but I’m trying to keep this short and sweet. I am an absolute mess when it comes to music but that is something I will never apologize for.
arctic monkeys.jpg
3. Writing
Ah yes, then there’s writing. Let's cue the background story shall we? Ever since I learned how to write, that’s all I pretty much did. I wasn’t much of an artist (cries), which is why I spent a lot of my younger years writing words that didn’t fit together, composing the most silliest songs. When I grew out of my “becoming a popstar” phase,I moved on to journaling. I would receive a ridiculous amount of notebooks for some reason. I would bring them with me, secretly jotting down anything I felt or anything that happened that day on my lap as the teacher would teach us how to draw a circle.Writing didn’t become as special to me, as when in 7th grade I learned that if you put words in some kind of way, followed by a few rhymes, that you could create something unique and that’s how my creativity flew off. A lot has evolved since 7th grade. So this blog is kind of a new phase I’m experiencing in my life - Welcome.
pen.jpg


4. Books
Pretty much the same story for writing, I adopted the love for reading at a very young age. I romanticized the idea of perceiving a plot, a character, or a setting, a complete different way as another person would. Reading is rad, suspense is rad, love stories are rad, dystopian books are rad, books about mythology are rad (yes I’m talking about Percy Jackson), and books about philosophy are rad. Books are just a great thing.
books.jpg
5. Candles
As I get older, stress increases. As much as I try to chill during stressful times, it does get difficult. A cure I’ve discovered during my little episodes are candles! Which can be followed by great music, or a book, journaling, or even just laying on my bed taking a breather. Nothing makes me more at ease than time alone, as a nice scented candle is burning on my night table. I am such a girl, sue me.
candle.png


6. Disposables
I am a photography enthusiast. I enjoy pictures, just like I enjoy capturing moments. But most importantly, I enjoy collecting those moments.
wall1.jpg


That’s where disposables come in. The fact of instantly and physically having a memory in your hand is not special, it's not outstanding, it’s beyond that; it’s just something else. Film has it’s own characters. Film is not dead.


film.jpg


7. Traveling
The love of traveling hasn’t become a current favorite since recently. I’ve always been in love with the idea of traveling because of the books I’ve read or the movies I’ve seen. This has all changed, after a school trip to Peru. I fell in love with flying, I fell in love with city lights, I fell in love with culture, I fell in love with food, I fell in love with art, I fell in love with the unknown; I fell in love with the world.
IMG_1172.JPG
Coming soon: Vietnam.


8. B&W
This is dedicated to b&w film; whether that's photographs or movies. B&W productions capture something I can’t put into words. It does something that colored motion pictures can’t.
Now enjoy this classic b&w picture of Audrey Hepburn.


9. Rainy days.
A lot of people disagree with me on this one, which is completely fine! But man. Rainy days are everything. It’s calming, it’s comforting, and it’s unexpected. Unexpected in the sense where there’s either going to be a storm with lighting or thunder. Weather or not there’s going to be a rainbow at the end. Rainy days ironically bring me a lot of joy. Burn a candle, read a good book, watch Dead Poets Society, or listen to the voice of Alex Turner in the background as it’s raining. You’ll never be as content as that moment right there. Or I could be completely wrong, and it could bring you sadness. If so, forget everything I just said.


IMG_1382.JPG


Usually I am pretty bad with first impressions, so hopefully this wasn’t too bad, if it was...Just bare with me, I’m trying.
As for what this blog will consist of?
I don't quite know.
But that’s kind of the point of it?
There is none.

Love,

MC.

No comments:

Post a Comment