Thursday 23 July 2015

#SelfLove

LOCAL WOLVES, had an entry contest for their magazine about our take on self love and what it means to us. Sadly, I didn’t make the cut. But the subject is still very important to me so I thought I’d still share my take on what self love means to me. Enjoy!




What I think about self love?


If you asked me this a couple of years ago, I would of been completely oblivious.


But now at the age of 17 I could say:


Self love is time.
Consistently loving yourself is not the easiest thing, and certainly doesn’t come as quickly as we’d all hope for it to be. Loving yourself demands patience, but it’s all worth it in the end.


Self love is treating yourself.
We are our worst critics, just like we are our worst enemies. We mentally punish ourselves instead of awarding our existence. Be happy! You’re alive!

weeee.jpg

Self love is embracing your flaws.
The coolest thing about us humans, is that we all have these quirks that make us different, that make us authentic. Embrace what you’ve been given because you are the only you in this world.


moi.jpg



Self love is indulging into something you  completely adore because it makes YOU happy.
Whether it’s art, music, traveling, baking, or even having space buns in your hair, if it makes you happy. Go for it.


                                                         nattt.jpg



Self love opens your eyes to appreciate the world around us.
Once you feel the love within yourself, you not only have so much more love to give, but you respect and become more aware of your surroundings.


IMG_1261.JPG






Self love is forgiveness.
Self love is the acceptance of yourself before anyone else.






Love,
MC.

No comments:

Post a Comment