Tuesday 21 July 2015



DAY 5.

THANKS TO BLUESFEST,accompanied by my friends, these last few weeks have been nothing but exceptional. I live for days/moments like these but sadly, it all had to end on day 5.


So lets cue the background story shall we? Bluesfest is a music festival that happens once a year in Ottawa. Its where upcoming bands or artists and sometimes even really well known artists come and entertain the public with their talent. Honestly, I had no real expectations for Bluesfest, all I knew was the hype build around it. That is why I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed myself. Every doubt just vanished during those days.


Bluesfest was a combination of: mission impossible of surviving at the gates, meeting the most enthusiastic people, and good vibes!

bf1.jpg



Bluesfest was separated in different days. I only payed for the choice of a 5 day pass. That meant I got the chance to see people like the Full Flex Express, Kanye, Porter Robinson, Chvrches, and etc, etc perform. We managed to get ourselves at the front gate of the stages for every day we payed for, which is one of our biggest accomplishments there.

Milky Chance perfectly closed day 5 as they sang all my favorite songs alongside the river.

milky.jpg


drunken soul.png

As me and my friends walked away after the last Milky Chance song (Stolen dance of course). We reminisced about our time at Bluesfest and held onto that happiness we felt at that exact moment. We held onto that feeling of freedom. When you're free nothing can hurt you, nothing can ruin you. Nothing could have ruined us during those nights.


candid.jpg



If you thought the night was over...it wasn't.
We walked the streets of downtown Ottawa, yelling at the top of our lungs, skipping on the sidewalk, dying of laughter. A few minutes passed by, and I don't know how it happened but we all somehow ended up at McDonald's around 10:30 for a well deserved spontaneous feast. 3 girls, one large fries, and 20 chicken nuggets. Lots of jokes, candids, speeches, and craziness were shared that night.


I guess the lesson learned here was; Once you think of doing something, consider it to the fullest, because if we didn’t consider leaving after Milky Chance to wander...it would have been just another ordinary “great night”. Sometimes its best to not have a plan, and just go with the flow.

mcdies.png


Also, it’s cool to think that, to me, those moments were special in its own way, as everything was spontaneous and exciting; I was breathing that night. When in reality, that night was spent so many other ways by a variety of people, living complete different situations, feeling other types of emotions; The world is an interesting place.


i want to.png

Needless to say;
Bluesfest, we conquered you.
Day 5, I'm glad you happened.



Love,
MC.

No comments:

Post a Comment