Sunday 20 September 2015

Hello?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Anyone there?
Long time no see.

I guess nothing can really explain or even justify my abrupt absence. September has been that type of month where you have that mentality of being productive but the hecticness of everything got the best of you -- It got the best of me. I’ve been so wrapped up in my surroundings that I forgot what it’s like to enjoy the art of writing, and film. Eventually, I got tired of the whole feeling sorry for myself - laziness - numbness - getting home and staring at the ceiling, and making a ridiculous amount of excuses - phase. 
So hello, I am back and ready to create again.

So what has the month of September consisted of so far?

Well it started out with a lot of this…
meh.jpg

and this…
IMG_1661.jpg

listening to this...
IMG_1560.JPG

and of course this…
11348973_688617224573419_822659531_n.jpg
Taken by @kaleidoscopx_

and can’t forget this…
IMG_1642.jpg

So where did creativity fall into all of that? It didn’t.
Thankfully, the month isn’t over yet, because I’ve had enough of sitting around, and this past week has been a turning point for me.
I’ve actually never been so inspired; everywhere I look is a new potential muse.

To all content creators out there: We’ve all been through those times where we beat ourselves up, thinking that our craft has no purpose or use. I’ve spent so many nights, scraping up so many of my writings, and future film ideas, because I thought they weren’t “good enough”.

What is “good enough”? I can’t answer that.

“Good enough” varies from person to person, from taste to taste. It’s a myth we create in our heads to generate mediocrity. Create something that pleases you, and as long as you're satisfied with what you end up crafting; nothing else really matters. If it inspires people on the way, well that’s just a bonus.

So I guess that’s pretty much it.

Until next time. x




Love,
MC.








No comments:

Post a Comment